Roald Dahl Day
What: Puffin Virtually Live: Roald Dahl Day
When: 2 – 2:30pm BST, Friday 25th September
Where: Online, in your classroom, library or school hall!
The annual Roald Dahl Live show is going to be bigger and better than ever because this year it’s all about his trickiest characters, The Twits!
Host Zoe Salmon will be joined by the cast of the brand new schools event Roald Dahl and the Imagination Seekers and together they’ll be exploring the stories of Roald Dahl in new and brilliant ways to help develop your class’s literacy skills!
– Send in your questions about anything and everything Roald Dahl to be answered LIVE by Roald Dahl's official biographer Donald Sturrock (author of 'Storyteller')
– Find out how The Twits was turned into a #1 App Roald Dahl’s Twit or Miss – including inventing tips from the team at Aardman Animations
– Learn to draw like Quentin Blake
– Take a trip to the printing factory and see how a book is made
– Don a fancy dress costume and join in the Dahlicious Dress Up Day for Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity
You’ll find lots of brilliant schools resources on the Roald Dahl website.
More about ‘Roald Dahl and the Imagination Seekers’
Roald Dahl and the Imagination Seekers is an unforgettable theatrical and interactive experience. Especially made for 7-10 year olds, it develops both creative and literacy skills through performance, games and creative play, while exploring Roald Dahl's extraordinary stories, including Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The BFG and The Twits along the way. For more information and to book visit www.imagination-seekers.co.uk
Dahlicious Dress Up Day!
25th September is also the date of The Dahlicious Dress Up Day, where school children around the UK are invited to dress up as their favourite Roald Dahl character to raise money for Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity. Find out how you can help makes lives better for seriously ill children by taking part here. This is the first time these two school events have been on the same day - so whether you watch for FREE, dress up and donate to Marvelous or do both, it’s the perfect finale to a rambunctious month of Roald Dahl Revelry.
Mr Twit never washes his beard – not even on Sundays. Get the latest edition of THE TWITS with stinky scratch ‘n’ sniff stickers or treat yourself to the Bearded Hardback with a real hairy beard on the cover!